A letter from our CEO, Patrick Morandi
Dear Valued Guests,
Our management team has developed a comprehensive safety plan for the Galaxy Event Center for both our guests and our team members.
UPDATE: Under Governor Little’s November 13, 2020 announcement placing Idaho in Stage 2, the Galaxy Event Center can host groups of 10 or fewer guests. We have extensive safety measures in place to protect our guests, including temperature checks, masks required, social distancing, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting. We can split larger groups into rooms with 10 or fewer guests, while following the safety protocols outlined below. We are taking reservations for larger groups in the future.
We are taking these proactive steps to for the health and safety of our guests in at Wahooz and the Galaxy:
- Per Ada County’s mandate, all guests are required to wear face coverings, except when eating, or where social distancing is possible. Disposable masks are available for purchase for $1 at Wahooz ticket counters. Employees are required to wear face coverings for the entirety of their shifts. Persons who cannot tolerate wearing a face covering due to medical, ADA, hearing impairment, or other reasons are exempt.
- Extra cleaning throughout the facility using certified COVID disinfection products.
- We have implemented social distancing measures, including limiting the capacities of rooms within the Galaxy, as well as limiting the number of guests per table. This may limit the size and types of groups we can accommodate.
- Buffets will be served by our employees and will be one sided to reduce any shared contact of utensils.
- Guests will be released by table to go through the buffet and will need to maintain 6’ distance while going through.
- We are taking temperatures of our guests and employees before they enter the facility using touch-free infrared thermometers. Parties with one or more persons with a fever at or above 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to enter.
- We ask any employees or guests with any COVID-19 symptoms, or who have been exposed to others with symptoms, to stay home.
- We have significantly enhanced our cleaning and sanitation efforts on all guest and employee touch points, including restrooms, attractions, meeting rooms, restaurants, and employee break areas.
- We have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations throughout all areas of Wahooz and the Galaxy.
- We have added signage reminding employees and guests to frequently and rigorously wash hands. We have increased our reserves of soap and hand sanitizer to last over an extended period.
- Where possible employees will interact with guests from behind Plexiglas shields.
We hope these measures give you peace of mind as you visit our facilities, now and in the future.
Patrick Morandi, CEO
Wahooz Family Fun Zone, the Galaxy Event Center & Roaring Springs Waterpark